Antique Stoneware 1G PA Pantry or Fruit Jar with Cobalt Florals att Remmey, c1865
Description : An exceptional antique Preserve, Storage or Fruit Jar with Cobalt Floral decorations, 1-Gallon capacity, Mid-Atlantic US origin, probably the Remmey Family manufactory, Philadelphia, PA, c. Wheel-thrown, tall cylindrical form with eased shoulder and tooled, squared rim. Decorated on the shoulder with a continuous drooping floral/tulip motif; artistically executed in bold, Brushed Cobalt. Condition : Very Good to Excellent overall with strong color, desirable size and fine decoration.
Minor imperfections are noted below. Rim with expected wear and one shallow flake, as shown. No cracks, repaired damage or other excuses.
Inherent glaze, surface and firing imperfections noted for complete descriptive accuracy. See photos for complete details and close-ups. Please consider them as part of the description. 1-Gallon capacity; measures approximately 10H x 7W overall. The inner and outer rim diameters are 4-1/2 and 5-1/2, respectively.
Good Luck, thanks for watching, and be sure to bookmark my Auctions, listed and ending daily. The item "Antique Stoneware 1G PA Pantry or Fruit Jar with Cobalt Florals att Remmey, c1865" is in sale since Friday, December 27, 2019. This item is in the category "Pottery & Glass\Pottery & China\China & Dinnerware\Stoneware". The seller is "mgs1971" and is located in South Dartmouth, Massachusetts.
This item can be shipped to United States.
- Main Color: Bold Blue Cobalt Florals on Gray, Salt-Glazed Stoneware
- Brand: Unsigned, att. Remmey Pottery, Philadelphia PA, c.1865
- Model: Antique Cobalt Decorated PA Preserve Fruit Jar w/ Cobalt
- Featured Refinements: Antique Stoneware
- Object Type: Cobalt Decorated Stoneware Jug
- Style: Primitive Country Americana
- Original/Reproduction: Antique Original
- MPN: 1-Gallon Capacity
- Color: Gray Salt Glaze w/ Brushed Blue Cobalt Florals