Antique Stoneware A+ 19thC Fruit Preserve Jar with Cobalt, Mid-Atlantic Remmey PA
Description : A fine antique stoneware Storage or Fruit Jar with Cobalt decorations, Half-Gallon capacity, Mid-Atlantic US origin, probably the Remmey Family pottery, Philadelphia, PA, c. Wheel-thrown, cylindrical form with tooled shoulder, slightly flared collar and squared rim. Decorated on the body with (3) Fern-like Floral decorations in bold, Brushed Cobalt. Salt-Glazed exterior; Mineral Slip interior. Condition : Slight wear noted on the base and inner rim, and a small flake on the base; otherwise in Excellent undamaged condition.
Desirable size and form with very strong color! Inherent glaze, surface and firing imperfections noted for complete descriptive accuracy. See photos for complete details and close-ups. Please consider them as part of the description.
Approximate Half-Gallon (2-Quart) capacity; measures 8-3/4H x 5-5/8W overall with a base diameter of 5-1/2. The inner and outer rim diameters are 4-1/4 and 5-3/8, respectively. Good Luck, thanks for watching, and be sure to bookmark my Auctions, listed and ending daily.
The item "Antique Stoneware A+ 19thC Fruit Preserve Jar with Cobalt, Mid-Atlantic Remmey PA" is in sale since Sunday, December 29, 2019. This item is in the category "Pottery & Glass\Pottery & China\China & Dinnerware\Stoneware". The seller is "mgs1971" and is located in South Dartmouth, Massachusetts. This item can be shipped to United States.
- Main Color: Bold Blue Cobalt Florals on Gray, Salt-Glazed Stoneware
- Brand: Mid-Atlantic PA Origin, Remmey, c.1870
- Model: Antique Cobalt Decorated PA Preserve Fruit Jar w/ Cobalt
- Featured Refinements: Antique Stoneware
- Object Type: Cobalt Decorated Stoneware Jug
- Style: Primitive Country Americana
- Original/Reproduction: Antique Original
- MPN: Half-Gallon, 2-Quart Capacity
- Color: Gray Salt Glaze w/ Brushed Blue Cobalt Florals