Antique Stoneware NY Batter Jug Pail with Cobalt Floral att Whites Utica, c. 1875
Stoneware Batter Jug or Pail with Cobalt decoration, 1-Gallon capacity, attributed to the pottery of Whites Utica, NY State, ca. Wheel-thrown, bulbous form with integrated tubular pour spout, two applied ears and a lug handle on reverse side, near the base. Decorated with a striped, Orchid-type Floral in bold, Slip-Trailed Cobalt; one of Whites signature designs. There is an impressed 4 below the rim to denote the capacity, in Quarts. Tan, Salt-Glazed exterior; Albany Slip interior. Condition : Expected utilitarian wear/soiling on the base, rim and ears as shown; otherwise in Very Good undamaged condition with strong color. Both ears have moderate internal wear where a wire & bail handle would attach (not present); see close-ups. No cracks, repaired damage or restoration work. Inherent glaze, surface and firing imperfections noted for complete descriptive accuracy. See photos for complete details and please consider them as part of the description. Measures 9-7/8H x 7-1/2W overall with a base diameter of 6-3/4.
Good Luck, thanks for looking, and be sure to bookmark my Auctions, listed and ending daily. The item "Antique Stoneware NY Batter Jug Pail with Cobalt Floral att Whites Utica, c. 1875" is in sale since Thursday, January 2, 2020.
This item is in the category "Pottery & Glass\Pottery & China\China & Dinnerware\Stoneware". The seller is "mgs1971" and is located in South Dartmouth, Massachusetts. This item can be shipped to United States.
- Main Color: Blue Cobalt Floral on Tan Salt-Glazed Stoneware
- Brand: Whites of Utica, NY, c.1875
- Model: Antique Stineware Batter Jug or Pail w/ Cobalt Floral
- Featured Refinements: Antique Stoneware
- Object Type: Cobalt Decorated Stoneware Batter Pail Jug Pitcher
- Style: Primitive AAFA Country Folk Art Americana
- Original/Reproduction: Antique Original
- MPN: 1-Gallon (4 Quart) Capacity
- Color: Tan Salt-Glazed Stoneware w/ Blue Slip-Trailed Cobalt