Antique Stoneware 1G Ovoid Jug with Cobalt, Goodwin & Webster, Hartford CT, c1835
Description : An Early American Stoneware Whiskey Jug with Cobalt decoration, 1-Gallon capacity, New England origin, c. Wheel-thrown, highly-Ovoid form with tooled spout and applied strap handle. Drippy, cobalt-washed stamp on the shoulder reads, simply: GOODWIN & WEBSTER. See Internet for further information on the firm. Gray exterior with pale salmon undertones, and a smooth, semi-matte Salt-Glazed finish. Albany or Mineral Slip interior. Condition : Rim and base have moderate wear including chipping and shallow flakes, as shown; otherwise Very Good with exceptional form and tremendous character. Inherent glaze, surface and firing imperfections, including stack marks, discoloration, scars, etc.
See photos for complete details and close-ups. Please consider them as part of the description.
Measures 12-1/2H x 7-1/2W overall with a base diameter of 4-1/2; weighs 5.6 lbs. Good Luck, thanks for watching, and be sure to bookmark my Auctions, listed and ending daily. The item "Antique Stoneware 1G Ovoid Jug with Cobalt, Goodwin & Webster, Hartford CT, c1835" is in sale since Friday, March 5, 2021.
This item is in the category "Pottery & Glass\Pottery & China\China & Dinnerware\Stoneware". The seller is "mgs1971" and is located in South Dartmouth, Massachusetts. This item can be shipped to United States.
- Main Color: Blue Cobalt, Gray Salt-Glazed Stoneware
- Brand: Goodwin & Webster, Hartford CT, 1831-1840
- Model: Antique Cobalt-Decorated Ovoid Stoneware Jug w/ Cobalt
- Featured Refinements: Antique Stoneware
- Object Type: Cobalt Decorated Antique Stoneware Ovoid Jug
- Style: Primitive AAFA Country Folk Art Americana
- Material: Stone
- Original/Reproduction: Antique Original
- MPN: 1-Gallon Capacity
- Color: Gray Salt-Glazed Stoneware w/ Blue Cobalt